This is a unique opportunity — one you will never have the chance to do over. How can you make the most of it?
Your First 100 Days CHRO Strategy
Mercer’s experience suggests you spend these critical first 100 days at the strategic level, focusing on the development of connected strategies for both the organization’s workforce and the HR function itself.
You should strive to:
- Connect the goals of the HR function to the goals of the business.
- Identify the greatest sources of pain for immediate attention and prioritize longer-term issues.
- Create a plan that will guide your function and your business partners.
- Build the case for change within the function and throughout the organization.
- Create a powerful personal brand as a business leader and change agent.
Download “Your First 100 Days as Chief Human Resource Officer”
Get the full paper to learn:
- The three-step process you can use to make a strong start and exceed the expectations of those around you.
- Five basic principles for staying focused on the big picture and leaving a lasting impression.
- How to engage and empower your resources.
- More insights from seasoned CHROs on how to begin a successful tenure during your first 100 days.
Putting a plan in place: A three-step process
Each HR leadership job is different – greatly affected by market conditions, business strategies and the current state of the function. But regardless of the specific job situation, you will need to gather and synthesize facts and opinions about the organization’s unique business and workforce challenges and translate this information into a comprehensive set of actions. This paper outlines a three-step process you can use to make a strong start and exceed the expectations of those around you.
By clicking Submit, I agree to the use of my personal information according to the Mercer Privacy Statement. I understand that my personal information may be transferred for processing outside my country of residence, where standards of data protection may be different.