“Mercer colleagues around the world are working together to build strong, thriving communities."
— Julio Portalatin, President and CEO, Mercer
Mercer colleagues make a difference in their communities through the Mercer Cares Business Resource Group (BRG), which harnesses our people’s passion to make a meaningful impact in their communities through volunteering.
Our Mercer Cares Business Resource Group
We are advocates for corporate social responsibility not just in the way we do business, but also in our commitment to helping our communities.
Mercer Cares is a signature global program that supports and encourages colleague-driven volunteering in the communities where we live and work.
“Mercer Cares is successful because of teamwork. I’m grateful to work with a team of gifted, compassionate and dedicated people from all levels in the organization who are eager to serve their communities and promote human kindness.”
— Heather Saliny, Mercer Cares Chapter Co-leader, Chicago
How Do We Live Our Volunteer Mission?
- Strategically Aligned Nonprofit Partnerships - In collaboration with Marsh & McLennan Companies, Mercer partners with select nonprofit organizations to create high impact initiatives in the areas of education and disaster preparedness and recovery. Mercer is also a proud supporter of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Network globally.
- Global Reach, Local Impact –Colleagues have access to year-round opportunities to participate in mentorship and other community-focused volunteering initiatives with our nonprofit partners and local organizations.
- Harnessing Personal Passion - Each year, Mercer colleagues dedicate thousands of volunteer hours to support an array of important initiatives including education, the environment, health and wellness, and poverty alleviation.
- Dedicated Time Off to Volunteer- All colleagues may take one paid day off each year to volunteer in their communities.
- Recognize and Reward - Colleagues who have given back to their communities in extraordinary ways are recognized and rewarded for their volunteer efforts through our Volunteer Recognition Programs.
Global Volunteer Month
Each May, as a way to increase the impact of our year-round volunteering program, Mercer Cares partners with our colleagues, our clients and our nonprofit partners to make a positive difference in our communities by volunteering together. In 2016, more than 1,900 Mercer colleagues in 110 cities around the world used their talents, time and passion to contribute 14,400 hours of service to the causes they care about.
Download the full infographic to learn more about Global Volunteer Month.
Mercer Good Day
Each year, Mercer Canada organizes Mercer Good Day. On this day, Mercer employees donate their time and effort assisting multiple organizations and to helping the less fortunate. We proudly help elevate communities across Canada who need our support. #MercerGoodDay #EscapeTheCube
Mercer Portugal helps rebuild a small village
During Marsh and McLennan Company’s 2015 Global Volunteer Month 109 Mercer colleagues in Portugal spent a day rehabilitating and renovating buildings in the small village of Canha, south of Lisbon. Together with other volunteers from MMC, they contributed over 1,000 volunteer hours.
Teams of colleagues joined Canha’s local authorities to restore and renovate the local church, public gardens, primary school, kindergarten, a small museum, and the local community house, where elderly people in the village meet to relax and socialize.
This initiative was very important because Mercer helped improve the community’s quality of living and local infrastructures. It was also an extraordinary experience for us. It is incredible to see what we learn when we have the opportunity to interact with the local population.”
— Diogo Alarcão, CEO of Mercer Portugal
You’ll have access to a network of more than 6,000 Mercer colleagues around the world and be the first to know about Mercer’s latest innovations, culture change initiatives, job openings and more.