DATA • INSIGHTS • DIRECTION
Mercer presents People Risks in M&A Transactions, the first M&A research of its kind, to provide an exclusive focus on the key people risks and related value drivers in M&A transactions: employee retention, cultural integration, leadership assessment, compensation and benefit levels and overall talent management.
Today's deal environment is highly competitive, with global M&A activity up 32%. Worldwide M&A totaled $4.7 trillion last year, making 2015 the strongest year for dealmaking in history. This increase in activity means that buyers and sellers are taking more risks.
Offering robust data and analysis as well as unique insights and guidance, the report provides an in-depth view of the human capital issues buyers and sellers are facing in the marketplace. In addition, this report identifies practical solutions and strategies organizations are deploying to effectively hedge these risks and drive deal value.
“Both buyers and sellers tell us they need rich data, unique insights and practical guidance to maximize transaction value and reduce people-related risks. The goal of our research is to enable business leaders, inside and outside of the HR function, to make more informed people decisions in the current challenging global deal environment.”
- Jeff Cox, Mercer’s global M&A transaction services leader.
Download the Full People Risk in M&A Transactions Research Report to access:
- Tips on how to ease “going global” by considering HR governance in context
- How to address buyers’ concerns and establish a competitive edge
- How to prepare employees for change, build a 100-day post-close plan, and anticipate the top 5 people issues that occur in M&A transaction
About the M&A Report
- 300+ survey responses from the buy and sell sides, including HR executives, private equity, finance, corporate development, and operational leadership
- 78 interviews with corporate and private equity clients, investment bankers, and M&A advisors
- Nearly 450 transactions analyzed, over half of which were cross-border
Download the M&A People Risk Research Report